Penn Medicine Financial Data Analyst, Physician Billing Office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Financial Data Analyst, Physician Billing Office
Job ID :97646
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Specialty Area: Accounting/Finance
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: WILL REQUIRE full or partial on site work
Penn Medicine Entity: Corporate Services
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Address: 1500 Market Street
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
Responsible for the development, distribution and maintenance of revenue cycle reports used by revenue cycle staff. Assess key opportunities and assists with implementing effective revenue cycle solutions. This position assists in efforts to improve revenue cycle initiatives to help revenue cycle staff with their business revenue operations. This position will perform a variety of tasks independently leading projects and working collaboratively as a team member.
• Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of databases.
• Develops and maintains statistical databases which includes information from the EPIC system - the databases must be capable of interfacing and communicating with all other UPHS systems.
• Resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
• Develops written procedures for security, backup and data recovery within the structure of the database.
• Performs backups on all existing databases.
• Implements data models and database designs, data access and table maintenance codes.
• Compiles financial information, prepares reports, graphs, or other documentation in support of consultation reviews and production of ad hoc reports as necessary to support revenue cycle operations and UPHS Senior Management.
• Ensures that all data downloaded from the Epic Billing System is controlled and balanced and that all reports issued from the Information Systems Department have been appropriately checked for data integrity.
• Reviews monthly reports to include verification of computations and presentation prior to submission to Health System senior management.
• Reports, investigates and assists in resolution of significant revenue cycle metrics identified through continuous monitoring of reports.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Physician Billing Office
• Produces ad hoc reports as necessary to support revenue cycle
• Provides support to the Revenue Cycle operations.
• Advises Director of Business Systems of opportunities for improvement in all areas.
• Participates in process improvement initiatives.
• Organizes work activities to ensure responsibilities are met effectively and efficiently.
• Maintains excellent communications with revenue cycle staff and departments.
• Maintains strict confidentiality for all services provide
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Minimum Requirements :
Required Education and Experience:
• H.S. Diploma/GED and 5+ years of related experience
• Bachelor's Degree preferably in Business Administration or Health Care Administration and 1+ years related experience
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Proficiency in working with databases required, preferably Access and Excel.
• Proven analytical and organizational ability as well as highly professional written and verbal communication skills.
• A self-motivated individual who thrives under pressure, is able to multi-task and excels with a minimum amount of supervision.
• Must be creative, flexible, cooperative, willing to assume added responsibility as needed and work well within a team.
• Must be able to work effectively with all levels of staff and management.
• Must have a good command of the English language.
Additional Information :
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.